Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Friday, April 13, 2012

Dogs on Blogs

I've just come back from a short trip up to Lincolnshire. I was staying just a few minutes' drive away from a long-time blogger friend John and the wonderful Bobby from Midmarsh Jottings.
Bobby is getting on in years now, but despite creaky knees we all managed to hop into the garden to preserve the moment for posterity.
A welcoming chat and a cup of tea from John, and a bag of goodies to take home from Bobby!
Upon inspection of the article when we arrived home...
The jerky treats were snapped up in a frenzied shark attack! This photo reminds me of how the third eyelid of a shark closes when it attacks its prey! They were a big hit! Thank you Bobby!

5 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger LindaG said...

Haha. He does indeed resemble a shark. ;o)

You all have a wonderful weekend! ♥

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Midmarsh John said...

It was great to meet you Matron. Always nice to see the face behind the words.
Your visit did wonders for Bobby's appetite as he scoffed everything in sight later in the day. Maybe he thought Leo might have been hiding in the background.
Pleased Leo enjoyed his unbirthday present. Love that final photo - almost a bodyless head ;>)

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leo is loving his Jerky treats!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Hi matron, I recognise the headless shoe photography method which you have pioneeered!

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Lexa said...

Leo does indeed look just like a shark in that last picture. I love it!How fun to meet a a friend from the bloging world too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>