Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a courtyard garden. Which edibles will tolerate less than ideal growing conditions. Discovering how veggies can grow in partial shade.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Broad Beanz

My Broad Beans are just coming to full production at the moment. This year I planted Bunyards Exhibition, a variety I have not tried before. They appear to be smaller pods but slightly more prolific than Aquadulce Claudia that I usually grow. I think they have also taken longer to mature. Perhaps I will try a mixture of the two varieties next year.

Just another reminder please that I would love you to send me a photo of any trugful of beautiful veggies from your plot and I will feature them in my forthcoming Matron's TRUGBLOG which I hope to post at the end of the month (or whenever my first ripe tomato is ready!) Please email me your pictures
Thought I would also share some unusual wispy clouds hovering over Hillingdon last weekend.

If my memory serves me correctly... are these cirrus? clouds? I'm sure someone will put me straight!


At 3:49 PM, Blogger Wild Mood Swings said...

Broad Beans ' The Devil's Spawn' evil disgusting things.


Post a Comment

<< Home