Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Thursday, June 05, 2008

A week of Firsts

There is nothing, absolutely nothing to compare with the taste of English strawberries! Especially the ones that you grow yourself. Mine are just starting to ripen now, and it is not just the birds that I have to watch out for... my dog Buddy just loves to pick and eat strawberries himself. We found that out last year after having accused everyone in the family, I caught him red-handed (pawed!).
Thought I would also share this with you.. I went into the garage today and found that the last of my Lincolnshire potatoes had sprouted! About 4ft tall.

2 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger WeekendFarmer said...

linked you on my post today. Hope thats okay : )

How is Korma and Tikka?

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger this is my patch said...

They must have been quality potatoes! My strawberries are just starting to ripen too. x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>