Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Autumn Colours

Matron is going away again. I have always wanted to see 'New England in the Fall' .. so I am! My very last trip on board the Cunard Ocean Liner Queen Elizabeth 2 "QE2" will be bittersweet.
So for the next couple of weeks I will be exploring the fauna and flora of North America. Lobsters in Maine, and maple syrup in Canada. Matron may be posting from afar, but without photos.
New York,USA
Newport, RI
Boston, Mass
Bar Harbor, Maine
St John, New Brunswick
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Quebec City, Quebec
St Johns, Newfoundland
Buddy is going into kennels, lots of new friends to meet and bark at. Back on September 30th.

10 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Now that sounds like a fun trip. My sister was just in Nova Scotia for two weeks and she loved it. Hope you can share some photos when you get back.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Sue Swift said...

Have a wonderful trip Matron. I was in New England in the fall once, and the colours really are stupendous.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Kath said...

Sounds fantastic! Enjoy yourself.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Celia Hart said...

I'm envious of all those places you're going to see! Hope the sun shines for you! I have seen New England in the Fall(...ing rain!!!) Never made it to Maine because the route was flooded!

I'm sure you'll bring back some treasures - a large can of maple syrup would be top of my list.

Celia

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Have fun! You took a very nice photograph...so light, bright, and colorful!

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Matron I don't want to make you jealous but I went to the Isle of Wight once and I really enjoyed myself. However I suppose visiting New York, USA, Newport, RI and Boston, Mass would make a pleasant change. I hope that you enjoy yourself and look forward to your report.

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so glad you will get to see New England in the fall. Watch the sunlight -- it is like butter.

The trees should be gorgeous bc. we had lots of rain this year. Do eat some Maple Sugar Candy and visit all the small villages you can.

If you get a chance, cross Lake Champlain and visit the Adirondack Mountains. They are still quite wild and beautiful -- my birthplace.

Tory

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger WeekendFarmer said...

Bar Harbor is amazing. You will love it. If you want to visit our favorite B&B - there is a link on my site. Three Pines. The Innkeepers are great!!

 
At 3:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, wish I'd know earlier, we could have arranged a meet-up! I hope Bar Harbor is lovely for you, it is a bit early for the foliage this year, plentiful rains kept the trees hydrated and slow to color. I hope you have a marvelous time.
Ali in Maine

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Matron said...

Bar Harbour was yesterday, it was absolutely stunning, I loved it! So far we have had bright sunshine and clear blue skies all the way. I have eaten fresh Maine lobster practically every day! Tomorrow Halifax....xxxx Matron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>