Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Chickens!

Well, Tikka and Korma arrived today to begin their Spring holidays while DaVikka is away. As soon as they arrived in their new Happy Hutch Home they were oblivious to the dangers and just started scratching around for slugs and worms. They did not see the wolves circling round licking their lips.
They just kept scratching and pecking, pecking and scratching not noticing the danger just inches away from their cage.
But the funny thing about danger is that it comes from the least expected direction...
I wonder why chickens always have such a startled expression on their faces?

13 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Blogger Dan said...

The last photo is very funny. Nice coop.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Celia Hart said...

Stop teasing the chicken Matron ;-) or we'll tell DaVikka LOL

I like their smart feeding pots.

Celia

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Kath said...

Aren't they laid back? They must have seen a friendly dog before? Ours had a clucking fit when they saw a cat in the paddock behind the garden - not even near enough to be a threat!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

LMAO !!! That is soooo funneee :)

Pleeeeeese don't eat them :)

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous kitsapFG said...

Poor dears! On holiday and yet life continues to be fraught with danger. :D

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger VP said...

Aren't chickens funny?

You commented over at my place about your profile counter being stuck for the past 4-5 weeks. I've just had a look at the Blogger Help page and guess what? Top of the pile is a whole string of comments about Blogger changing the way the profile counter works...

Thought you might like to know and possibly check it out for yourself.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Nutty Gnome said...

Ha ha - great post Matron ...and I love the names of the chickens, really made me laugh!

Last-Born wanted us to have a chicken - but seems to have gone off the idea since I told her what yours are called!(my own suggestion was to call it 'fox food'!)

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get your plans for coop from?

Thanks

Joanie

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Matron said...

Anonymous.. I put a link in the text to the Happy Hutch Company, they delivered it flatpack and i assembled it.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Libby said...

I had to give up my chickens last year so am quite jealous. You will love the eggs and they will be totally different characters, believe it or not!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Sparkly said...

Lovely. I really wish we could have chickens on our allotment, but they are against the rules!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Rob said...

I think Buddy wants to play!

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is way too funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>