Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

A Visit to Savill Garden

Every now and then I get to meet wonderful people! A few days ago I noted on her blog that Yolanda from Bliss Garden in the Netherlands was planning a tour of English gardens. I managed to meet her for a couple of hours at the Savill Garden in Windsor. We spent a wonderful time walking round talking about dogs, gardens and more dogs! (I am the one with the hiking boots!)
What a perfect time of year to visit a garden! Everything was perfect... almost... NO VEGGIES! I had to satisfy myself with this beautiful painting in the gift shop!
I love this! Great to meet you Yolanda, hope you enjoyed yourself as much as I did!

8 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Green thumb said...

I can only imagine what a great feeling it must have been to meet your blogger friends in person, and to cap the feeling you took the windsor garden trip together! Oh, I am so so jealous.
These things leave you with memories to cherish for a long time. Have a great day...

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Celia Hart said...

Sounds like a grand day out!

Do you know who the painting is by?

Celia

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger aforkfulofspaghetti said...

What a blissful sounding day! The perfect way to while away a few hours in this lovely weather we're having.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Yes indeed! It was wonderful meeting you and I am so glad you made the effort to contact me so that we could meet up. Savill garden was lovely, the company great and the weather wonderful. In short, it was utter Bliss! ;-) We must do this again!

Tara says woof to Buddy and you and is sorry that she couldn't come as well and join in the fun. ;-)

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Oops, almost forgot, love the painting, it's so very much you.

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous kitsapFG said...

What a great venue to meet up in! Too bad it was missing a veggie patch though.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Celia, afraid I don't know about the painting. It is for sale in the gallery next to the gift shop!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Wild Mood Swings said...

painting is awesome


So the feet shot thing is taking off now , how many have you done now ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>