Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a courtyard garden. Which edibles will tolerate less than ideal growing conditions. Discovering how veggies can grow in partial shade.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Healthy Treats

 My beautiful blackberries are just starting to ripen. I have been making a tasty treat in this hot weather.
 Pick a handful and wash thoroughly.
 Put them in a blender with some vanilla ice cream, skimmed milk... and then turn the blender on.
 Blend for just a little while to remove lumps.
Just look at that stunning colour! A healthy-ish milkshake or smoothie brimming with lovely flavour and goodness! cheers!

10 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Looks delicious. I do something similar with any berries I can find and some soya milk and a banana. It always makes me feel virtuous!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Midmarsh John said...

I've been picking a few juicy ones on our walkies down the lane. Not many yet and none have lasted long enough to reach home!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Caro (UrbanVegPatch) said...

Wow - wonderful colour! I do the same with bananas, raspberries, strawberries ... mmm yum yum! Filling and healthy! Haven't seen too many blackberries yet, will have a good look at the weekend. They usually end up in a pie with some apples ... might have to change tactics!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Lovely berries and smoothie!
You've just reminded me I have to put up some wire for my plants, they are sadly trailing on the ground at present :-(

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

A great way to use berries, looks tasty!

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yum!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Terrific photo. I have berry bush envy.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger The Rosegarden in Malevik said...

woow. that look really nice :)
and do not miss...

SATURDAY SHOW OFF

it is FUN :)
WELCOME
HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Stunning colour - looks delicious xx

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Aga Grabowska said...

I can almost taste the smoothie, yummm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>