Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Foodie Heaven

 If you ever find yourself in Berlin, and you love your food, then a trip to KaDeWe is an absolute must on your itinerary. Get up to the 6th floor and there is the most amazing, jaw-dropping gourmet food shop you will ever see!
 It goes on for miles and miles, every type of every food you could ever wish for.
 Knocks the spots off Harrods, Fortnums and Selfridges in a heartbeat.
 Every kind of egg you could want...
 EIGHT different cheese aisles just like this one!
and fruit and veggies to make your eyes water.  I had not heard of this shop before our tour guide just mentioned it briefly, so I took a trip on my own. Well worth a trip.

6 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger VP said...

That is just fab. Having only just discovered the Harrods Food Hall, your pics from Berlin have blown me away. I hope to visit Berline one day, so this is firmly on the must-see list!

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aaaah, but do they taste as good as your home grown veg?

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger ahomespunyear said...

Hi, That looks amazing...what a display! I've not long had breakfast but all that food is making my mouth water.
Margaretx

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Lee said...

Blimey, that looks insanely good. What were the prices like out of interest?

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Lee said...

Blimey, that looks insanely good. What were the prices like out of interest?

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Wyatt said...

Wow!! The eggs, the veggies...WOW!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>