Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a courtyard garden. Which edibles will tolerate less than ideal growing conditions. Discovering how veggies can grow in partial shade.

Thursday, June 04, 2015

Minnesota Midget Melons

One of the great pleasures in writing about growing my fruit and veggies is that once in a while I get to meet fellow bloggers from all sorts of places.  Last Summer I met up with Wyatt's Mom when she came over to the UK from Oregon for a garden tour which included the Chelsea Flower show.  As well as swapping dog toys and treats for Leo and for Wyatt, Sue gave me a little selection of seeds.  This year I am growing these Minnesota Midget Melons.
They are looking great in the greenhouse, and I am going to start to harden them off outside now that the weather is warming up.   These are a midget melon which can be grown in a pot or on a patio.  I shall do just that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>