Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Saturday, July 30, 2016

My Gardening Companion

 Everyone should have a gardening companion! Daisy has been helping out in my new courtyard garden for about 6 weeks now.
 She has been helping me by eating sticks, chewing moss, nibbling leaves and by occasionally eating big, fat, juicy slugs!! (I make sure that her wormy, parasite medications are up to date!)
She is now 15 weeks old and growing in confidence and in stature every day.

9 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger Hazel said...

She is a delight, Matron, just as your beloved Buddy and Leo were! I bet she keeps you on your toes!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Belinda Robinson said...

Adorable! I'm not sure I'd get any work done with her as a companion!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Midmarsh John said...

Bonny girl. Funny how many dogs get that uneasy feeling when a camera is pointed at them.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Junk Journal Penpals said...

I can see her growth even since I last looked. She's doing just fine!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger My Veggie Garden said...

She's gorgeous.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger alisonmiller said...

She is heavenly. I have a Daisy too. I am much enjoying my climbing courgette on your recommendation amongst others. Thankyou for a lovely positive inspiring blog.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Loving the Daisy updates on Facebook, she's a wee dote and a very intelligent pup indeed xx

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Shaheen said...

Daisy is such a beauty, i envy you and one day hope to have a garden companion like Daisy, but as neither or myself or my husband are at home - most hours at work - we feel it would be unfair to adopt a dog at this point, but we will do one day - for now I will admire the charms of gorgeous dogs like Daisy.

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Nancy Ocean said...

An adorable gardening companion you have, to help you in the garden :). really cute puppy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>