Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Mulch!

Spent today mulching crazy! Emptied the contents of my compost heap and scattered it all over and around my veggies. This is a technique to protect my soil from the fierce heat. Even after the last week of scorching heat, there is still a trace of dampness a few inches below the soil.

So, I used up all my compost - I made a trip down to Ealing Riding Stables in Gunnersbury Lane - and loaded up with a new lot of steaming gold! If you are near West London, and happen to have a fork and a few garden bags - you can help yourself to as much as you can load into your car. Oh happiness !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>