Down on the Allotment

What's happening down on the allotment? An intimate account of a passionate veggie grower.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Dills Atlantic Giant

A watched pot never boils - or so they say! This one is about 14 inches in diameter at the moment, the shape is somewhat like a beer belly, whereas the second plant has a smaller but perfectly formed "Cinderella" shaped pumpkin. Still feeding with manure tea or Tomorite. I heard that real ale is quite a good feed - seems like a waste to me. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Greenmantle said...

I've got two as well, the nicer looking one I have been snapping, and another one that has grown in a stranger torpedo sort of shape. It' hard to tell which is actually bigger/heavier as they are so different.

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger murray said...

I've heard of people feeding milk to. They make a small slit in the vine and sit it in a saucer of milk. Refill the saucer each day so the slit doesn't 'heal' and it will continue to drink. I read that on a website about growing gaint pumpkins some time ago but have not tried it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>