Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a courtyard garden. Which edibles will tolerate less than ideal growing conditions. Discovering how veggies can grow in partial shade.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Birthday Blog!

My Blog is one year old today! What an interesting time I've had. About a year ago this bloke at work called Stan kept on at me about how much fun blogging was... I didn't quite get it. I mean why would someone want to read my daily diary. What could I possibly write down about my daily life that anyone else would want to read? Stan suggested that as I read nothing but seed catalogues at work, and how I kept going on and on about my garden, that I could start a blog about my veggies. How ridiculous! who on earth would want to read about the daily goings-on down on the allotment? Who would want to hear about turning your compost heap when you are wearing sandals? Who would want to hear about my re-cycled tea and coffee? And I am most definitely NOT going to tell anyone about my straw bale urinal!

Well here I am a year on. Thanks Stan. xxx

One final piece of garden blog. For the past few weeks I have been tracking down some pest in the garden and greenhouse that has been eating my precious seedlings. Each day I would find that great big chunks had been bitten off my cucumber plants, aubergines, carrots. I couldn't work it out, the bite marks were too big for slugs or snails, but why would squirrells or pigeons want to snack this time of year. I caught the black, furry-trousered, four legged pest red-handed yesterday! See photo above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>