Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Saturday, November 13, 2010

When in Rome...

Matron can't stop smiling here in Rome. Italians just LOVE their fresh fruit and veg markets here! Just 5 minutes from the hotel is the most amazing market ever. It is not just the olive oil that makes them live longer! They love their fresh veggies. Posted for the first time via blackberry.

4 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Heiner said...

Wow, Rome... Don't miss Orto Botanico di Roma. Great place to hangout and relax for gardeners!

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Damo said...

They put us to shame I'm afraid. Have a good trip.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Glad you're enjoying your trip and well done on posting from your blackberry. I'm afraid I wouldn't have a clue how to do that as I'm not technically minded at all.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Dim Sum Gardener said...

Lucky you! You'll have to let us have the name of your hotel and post piccies of the market when you get back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>