Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a courtyard garden. Which edibles will tolerate less than ideal growing conditions. Discovering how veggies can grow in partial shade.

Sunday, March 08, 2015

They're Up!

 The first seedlings of this new growing season are up!  I like to get chilli seeds off to an early start in a heated propagator because they need such a long growing season.  I might get some others started in the next few days.
 These are 'Spaghetti' chilli and 'Joe's Long' chilli which I am growing for a Guinness World Record - Longest Chilli competition this year.
Meanwhile elsewhere on the patch - the pigeons are having a really good feast on my lovely calabrase! grrrrrr. Not funny.

4 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Mark Willis said...

I'll be interested to see what tricks you use for creating the world's longest chilli. Presumably you have some magic wonder feed lined-up for them?

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Robert Harrison said...

It's a good feeling when you get your first seedlings coming through and the plants start putting out new shoots.

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Alexa~FurnishMyWay said...

Exciting! I agree with Robert Harrison! It's definitely a good feeling when your seedlings start sprouting. Excited to see how your garden is coming about!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was given a chilli plant to make seeds with last autumn by our cleaning lady and they came through like a rocket when I sowed them in February.

Now sitting happily in an 8cm pot on a windowsill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>