Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Saturday, January 30, 2016

My New Grow Light

 January is much too early to start sowing most seeds, even in a heated propagator they don't really thrive.  Chillis however, do need a longer growing season in the UK where we don't have enough light or heat to give them the best.   So I have bought a very basic grow light.  The bulb is specially selected to be multi spectrum light, containing the right sort of wave lengths to mimic real sunlight.
I will make a foil reflector to go around the heated propagator just to take advantage of all the light I can.  I might grow a few early herbs, lettuce and quick crops just to see how it does.  Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>