Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Monday, February 04, 2019

A New Venture!

 As the days are gradually getting longer, my purple sprouting broccoli is beginning to respond by starting to produce florets.
 And even the little side shoots are now beginning to show. So lovely to see the beginning of the new growing year.
 A new development for my new Hampshire garden, as I am on sandy loam soil I thought I would start an asparagus bed.  So I carefully weeded this sheltered spot behind the greenhouse making sure to remove every possible weed, then give the soil a good helping of my well rotted horse manure compost.   When it stops snowing here!! I will get the crowns planted.
I've bought some different varieties to plant, Pacific Purple, Conovers Colossal and Ginglim F1.

I SINCERELY HOPE THIS WILL NOT BE MY LAST POST!!!!  I HAVE JUST HAD A MESSAGE FROM GOOGLE THAT GOOGLE PLUS IS BEING DISCONTINUED AND ALL INFORMATION WILL BE DELETED!   I WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO ABOUT THIS... BUT THEY ONLY TOLD ME ON FRIDAY THAT THIS WILL BE HAPPENING! 

2 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Nicky said...

I hope this isn't your last post! I thought Google + was going but Blogger wasn't: https://blogger.googleblog.com/?m=1

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Nicky said...

Have you read this? Might help explain stuff http://glallotments.blogspot.com/2019/02/google-shutdown.html

(I'm catching up on my blogs this evening)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>