Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Thursday, September 06, 2018

Matron goes to the Village Show

 I moved down to the New Forest in April this year, to a beautiful Village called Sway.  So of course one thing I did straight away was to join the local Gardening Club.
 So for the first time here, I decided to put an entry in to the show.  Lots of wonderful fruit, veg and flowers on show.  I've not done this before so I had quite a few of my lovely Delistar cucumbers in the greenhouse to choose from.
 So these two were the pair that matched well for size, shape and appearance.
So I displayed them in the village church first thing in the morning... then I had to wait until 2pm when the show opened.....

YAAAAAAY! FIRST PRIZE!
 

4 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger Mal said...

Congrats Matron. (I have to admit that I would have removed the withered flowers). I have ended up growing three varieties of cucumber this year, with some success, but nothing to hold a candle to these.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

1st prize!!! Yay, you rock. Now cut those babies up and have a celebratory gin and tonic with cucumber in it - tasty xxxx

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger VP said...

Brilliant! Well done :) I'm show judging next week and those are very good.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger My Veggie Garden said...

Well, I'll be... Congratulations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>