Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Tuesday, July 03, 2018

Matrons New Greenhouse

 I've been monitoring where the sun rises and sets in my new garden.  I've been here 9 weeks now and there is definitely a sunny side.  Above picture is first thing in the morning, and last thing at night, this is the South facing side of the garden so this is where the veggie garden and greenhouse will be.
 Here is a good solid base going in.  6ft x 8ft is a nice size.
 Matron particularly enjoyed watching the nice young Man working hard.
 Such a nice, hardworking young Man.  In no time at all I had a level concrete base which just needed curing for a few days to let it harden.   So Daisy and I locked ourselves in the house for an afternoon so as to avoid doggy paw prints all over the concrete before it dried.
 But our resident blackbird had other ideas while we were inside.
 So Daisy felt it was only fair that she should put her mark down in a long held family tradition!
 Well done Daisy!
 Matron was extremely happy that another nice Man from Vitavia came to install the greenhouse this week.  It would have been nice back in April or May... but never mind, it is here now.
Absolutely perfect!

4 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

How wonderful! Congratulations on your move and this new addition. Your builder friends can do work in my garden anytime, too.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Midmarsh John said...

You have achieved a lot in just nine weeks. Should be well set up for next year's growing season.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Good grief - It doesn't half help to have a 'man what does stuff' around. Your greenhouse looks great and boy do I love Daisy's signature (and the birds). I wish you all the health in the world to enjoy your greenhouse and all it's produce xx

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Shaheen said...

I love that you got Daisy's paw print. Hope the greenhouse gives you many years of pleasure. Your garden is shaping up

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>