Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

More sex down on the allotment


A few blogs ago, a comment was made that I appeared to be "pimping" my pumpkins - by fertilizing female flowers with male flowers. Well, my friends it all goes on down on the allotment I can tell you. Just take a look at my poor pathetic MALE codling moths caught in this honey trap. You see, the little rubber thingy in the middle gives off the "come and get it boys" pheromone produced by a female codling moth who is "up for it"... who could resist? Here endeth the lesson for today. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>