Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Home grown food

Last night my evening meal consisted of entirely home grown food! - apart from the venison burgers courtesy of Waitrose.

On the menu:

Steamed epicure new potatoes
ribbons of goldfield runner beans
baby defender courgette
side salad of sliced lemon cucumber
with harlequin baby plum tomatoes
purple basil garnish
compote of summer fruits
gooseberry, loganberry, redcurrant
good or what?

1 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Wild Mood Swings said...

What , do you mean you do not have deer roaming in your garden. I am very let down now. I thought you had everything in there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>