Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a courtyard garden. Which edibles will tolerate less than ideal growing conditions. Discovering how veggies can grow in partial shade.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Rain at last

Thunderstorms all over London today. Phew! Saved me a lot of watering by hand since there is a hosepipe ban here. Everything is perking up and looking happy today, including myself.

Ate my first gooseberries today. Saw flies have eaten nearly all the leaves, this happened while I was on holiday, otherwise I would have sought them out and squished them.

First tomato eaten today! A small baby plum tomato "Harlequin" probably not as red as it might have been, but tasted divine. The first of many I hope.

Still working on a photo... be patient

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>