Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a courtyard garden. Which edibles will tolerate less than ideal growing conditions. Discovering how veggies can grow in partial shade.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Caterpillars eating my broccoli!

Pesky critters raise their heads again! My lovely purple sprouting broccoli is about 2 foot tall now, and are growing well. I have to search each one by hand each day looking for small green caterpillars that like to hide in the very small leaves in the middle. They are a bit eaten all over the place - but still looking healthy. I left them for about 4 days without checking - bad mistake! Went out today after some hard rain and they were crawling all over the leaves in broad daylight. One solution - SQUISH!

3 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger Hx said...

Cecil was a caterpillar, cecil was my fwend and when I first met Cecil he was this big . . . . .

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Hx said...

Cecil was a caterpillar, cecil was my fwend and when I first met Cecil he was this big . . . . .

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Matron said...

And I said to Cecil.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>