Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Friday, September 22, 2006

Caterpillars eating my broccoli!

Pesky critters raise their heads again! My lovely purple sprouting broccoli is about 2 foot tall now, and are growing well. I have to search each one by hand each day looking for small green caterpillars that like to hide in the very small leaves in the middle. They are a bit eaten all over the place - but still looking healthy. I left them for about 4 days without checking - bad mistake! Went out today after some hard rain and they were crawling all over the leaves in broad daylight. One solution - SQUISH!

3 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger Hx said...

Cecil was a caterpillar, cecil was my fwend and when I first met Cecil he was this big . . . . .

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Hx said...

Cecil was a caterpillar, cecil was my fwend and when I first met Cecil he was this big . . . . .

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Matron said...

And I said to Cecil.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>