Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sweet Potatoes

Apparently these take a minimum of 4 months to produce tubers. I planted the rooted cuttings in mid June, after the soil had been well heated up under black plastic. They are trailing all over the ground and slightly resemble ivy. Today whilst watering I noticed a wonderful pink tuber just poking out from the surface of the soil it was about 2 inches thick and 4 inches long - my first sweet potato! Hooray! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>