Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Monday, September 04, 2006

Just one more

Couldn't resist just one more photograph of my beautiful gardeners delight tomato. Apparently lycopeine levels in tomatoes is highest after 11 days of natural ripening on the vine. Not a lot of people know that - go on - amaze your friends. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Rebsie Fairholm said...

I can see how the variety got its name.

I didn't know that about the lycopene ... I am suitably amazed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>