Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Veggie Heaven

If you ever get the opportunity to visit the walled vegetable garden at Heligan in Cornwall, don't miss it. A couple of years ago I visited in the Autumn and found a discarded dwarf bean plant on the compost heap. The temptation was too great, so a couple of dried pods found their way up to London. An old purple variety called "Royalty" - very prolific. I have been saving seed this week, hanging up the old plants for the large seed pods to dry.

I made a large batch of ratatouille today. Peppers, courgettes, aubergines and green beans, thyme - cooked together with tomatoes and onions. Veggie Heaven! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>