Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Monday, September 04, 2006

Ratatouille

I will be harvesting a fairly successful crop of aubergine "Black Enorma" in the next few days. They suffered in the fierce heat and the ones in the greenhouse were checked by the infestation of red spider mite, however I cut all the growth back and they are making a fantastic recovery. So in the next few weeks, along with home grown courgettes, peppers and tomatoes I will have a pot full of ratatouille - or dead rat - as my Father labelled it in the freezer when I was a puzzled little child. Oh what an interesting childhood. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>