Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Matron's Squashblog!

Following the amazing response to Matron's dogblog - I have been inspired in the past few weeks at the wonderful photos of all your pumpkins and squashes out there. Thus inspired, I will be posting a Squashblog to celebrate all your weird and wonderful produce. I will be posting my blog on 30th October. Please send your best photo on an attachment to Ahhmatron@aol.com and I will post them all with a link to your blog.

6 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger kathy said...

By the 30th I will probably have picked my itsy bitsy pumpkin and I'll look forward to sending you a picture. Maybe I'll make a jack-o-lantern with a tiny little candle.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Billie-Jean said...

Hi Matron
I will take a picture of my pumpkins this weekend when I hobble to the Allotment and post them to you,I have 5 growing 2 big ones and 3 small ones...
Great idea by the way

take care
Billie-Jean

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Celia Hart said...

Hi Matron
Harvested our squash the other day - so got them to pose for a photo at the weekend - I'll send it over to you.

Celia

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Thank you folks! keep them coming in.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Threadspider said...

Can I stretch a point and include very late fruiting and very oddly shaped courgette? (Perhaps in an interlopes category : ) )

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Threadspider, please be my guest - odd shapes will be most welcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>