Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a courtyard garden. Which edibles will tolerate less than ideal growing conditions. Discovering how veggies can grow in partial shade.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Matron's Squashblog!

Following the amazing response to Matron's dogblog - I have been inspired in the past few weeks at the wonderful photos of all your pumpkins and squashes out there. Thus inspired, I will be posting a Squashblog to celebrate all your weird and wonderful produce. I will be posting my blog on 30th October. Please send your best photo on an attachment to and I will post them all with a link to your blog.


At 2:36 AM, Blogger carletongardener said...

By the 30th I will probably have picked my itsy bitsy pumpkin and I'll look forward to sending you a picture. Maybe I'll make a jack-o-lantern with a tiny little candle.

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Billie-Jean said...

Hi Matron
I will take a picture of my pumpkins this weekend when I hobble to the Allotment and post them to you,I have 5 growing 2 big ones and 3 small ones...
Great idea by the way

take care

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Magic Cochin said...

Hi Matron
Harvested our squash the other day - so got them to pose for a photo at the weekend - I'll send it over to you.


At 6:10 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Thank you folks! keep them coming in.

At 7:34 PM, Blogger threadspider said...

Can I stretch a point and include very late fruiting and very oddly shaped courgette? (Perhaps in an interlopes category : ) )

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Threadspider, please be my guest - odd shapes will be most welcome!


Post a Comment

<< Home