Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Finally, it's Matron's DOGBLOG!

Well here it is folks! Many, many thanks to all who sent me photos, especially to Skippy, Crispy, Sampson, Jake, Freddy, Luna, Kodi, Luckydog and Buddy for allowing their photos to be posted. Any others you might care to send me will be added to this blog.

This is Kodi, he is a 2 year old Maremma (look it up!) who lives in sub-tropical Queensland, Australia with Rhonda Gay, at My Little Patch. Kodi is enormous and is currently working towards a PhD in goat-herding. Let's hope he's not lonely, high up on that hill... (think about it)


This is Skippy. He is a Portugese Water Dog who hangs out in Skippy's Garden in Massachusetts in the good ole US of A. Skippy actually has a blog named after him. Here he is digging potatoes! Now wouldn't it be cool if someone could teach him to use a fork?




This is Luckydog. She is 13yrs old and she lives with Scarecrow down under in OZ. These days she pretends to be a little deaf, but has a 'supernose' her hobbies include sniffing and snoozing. Goodonya Luckydog!!


This is Luna. She lives with Scrappybadger. Luna doesn't care for any dirty work down in the garden, instead she prefers to be the 'comic relief'. Who could resist those eyes?




This is Freddy. He lives with Lilymarlene on the Isle of Wight. Now this is my idea of a smart dog! We could all learn a lesson from Freddie.. After all your hard work digging and planting, don't forget to lie back in comfort on your favourite chair and enjoy just looking at your garden.





This is Jake. He lives with Katie in California at Gardenpunks. What a handsome fellow he is! Jake is clearly the leader of the pack, he is a wonderful guard dog (when he isn't trampling over Katie's pumpkins!) Hey Jake! Where's your surfboard - dude?



This is Sampson (left) and his Sister Crispy. These doggies live in Austria with Sarah . They had been hard at work helping with the building of a raised bed in the garden, but just had to take a quick nap.




Well finally, here is the chap who inspired me! This is my Buddy. 11 years old and a rescue dog from Battersea Dogs Home here in London. He is as smart as they come. His hobbies include walking and hunting for pieces of cheese. His favourite food is sardines!

17 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger lilymarlene said...

Brilliant! I love the one with the gloves on!!!

 
At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, they're all so cute! Just don't tell Luna I said so. :)

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Matron said...

I've added one more late entry from Skippy!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger clairesgarden said...

oh I love all the nice gardening dogs!
I am nominating you for the 'Nice Matters' award.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Hx said...

Wonderful, cheered up my Monday morning!

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I did want to put my Kodi in your Blog but got caught up waiting for my partners first granbaby to arrive.
I f you have another one Matron count Kodi in Please.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger kathy said...

HI Matron. I love all the pictures. A very nice collection of garden buddies.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Rhonda gay, don't worry, just send it to me anyway, I will post it anyway - I've had a terriffic response. I loved doing it.

 
At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay call me silly but how do I send the pic to you.
Must be to much excitement about babies I have gone blank

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Matron said...

Rhonda, send to my email which is blogged on 5th August, I will be pleased to publish it!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Scarecrow said...

Thank you Matron for this great post!
I've written a special Lucky Dog post and linked it to your DogBlog

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Doc said...

Hi Matron

Love the doggy blog LOL

Regards, Doc ;-)

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

All the dogs are very handsome and looked like they loved posing for the pictures!

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fabulous dogs - and a wonderful blog - I am glad you found mine - so that I can enjoy yours - off for a long long read.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love your dogblog, especially the one with the gloves on :) I have two dogs myself.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Matron I nominated you for a Nice Matters Award.

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved this post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>