Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

More from Matron's Flower Show..

There is a strict dress code if you come to visit Matron's Flower Show... yes, the shoes have to match the bag. This dress code will be strictly enforced!
The bees just LOVE the broad bean flowers! Honey bees thrive well in city gardens because of the range of flowers grown there. These are Bunyards Exhibition , a variety I have not grown before. They seem to be quite prolific. I was pleased to see that there were some veggies featured on the RHS Chelsea Flower Show yesterday. A step in the right direction although it will not be the same now that the gold medal winning veggie grower Medwyn Williams has retired from exhibiting there.

5 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger dee said...

I prefer the Hampton court show to chelsea. Hope ill not need my wellies this year

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so right about Chelsea; vegetables never get much of a look in, at least on the TV. Looks like we're not good enough for 'em!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Captain Tongo said...

I have to say you're far more advanced down there than in Brum. The window frames in the pic are actually the side of an old greenhouse that blew down and was wrecked. The white doors at the back are the boundary of my plot, so it'll be like a walled fruit cage. Great pictures of "The Tits" by the way!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Hx said...

How do I get tickets?

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Great dress code, ha ha! I've never seen anything like those broad beans before - beautiful flowers and it makes food too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>