Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day by Day

Day by day these tomatoes are getting riper and riper. I don't think these will last much longer than today. Thickly sliced on a plate with fresh basil, good quality extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, black pepper and sea salt.... bon apetit!

2 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Kath said...

What a difference in 3 days. I'm salivating reading your description! Enjoy them. (I'm sure you will.)

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Celia Hart said...

That's if buddy doesn't get to them first!!!

Slice of tomato that's still warm from the sun, freshley picked basil leaf, good fruity olive oil, black pepper, slice of cold mozarella...mmmmmmmm!!!!

Celia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>