Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Monday, August 24, 2009

From the New World

Walked my socks off in Manhattan yesterday! Up the Empire state building, lunch in Grand Central Station and more views from the top of the Rockerfeller tower. Walked down Broadway to Times Square and refreshed myself at Starbucks! More when I get back!

10 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Sounds like you are enjoying "The Big Apple".

Hope your garden is hanging in there while you are away.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

Sounds like a great day! I would have gone for an iced coffee after that much walking. Have a great trip back. Look forward to seeing some photos.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Petunia - actually I had a Venti Peach iced tea!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Shaheen said...

Ah so that's what your doing!

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Bangchik and Kakdah said...

A very quick run through of an exiting day! Cheers, ~bangchik

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Dirt Princess said...

Hope you are having a great time

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Kath said...

Hope the allotment doesn't seem like a let-down on your return. It sounds like you are really making the most of your trip.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Chrissie said...

You obviously remembered to pack your comfy shoes!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Had to turn round mid Atlantic yesterday to meet a CoastGuard helecopter from Newfoundland who landed on board to pick up a passenger who was seriously ill. Now back on course at a rate of knots to get us back to Southampton on Saturday.

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous kitsapFG said...

Happy Sailing Matron! Glad you had a fun day in Manhatten. My daughter is heading there in about two weeks to meet up with a friend. It's a fun place to visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>