Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Monday, September 05, 2011

Matron's Christmas Veggie Blog

I know it's only September, but I want you all to start preparing for Matron's Christmas Veggie Blog. I want blog readers to send me a photo taken a week or so before Christmas, of a fruit or veggie that will be growing on their plot - or being eaten - on Christmas Day. I will be posting the best of the pictures in the week before Christmas. Go on! give it a go! Why go hungry? Get planting now so that you can send me a photo just before Christmas - and all my Aussie bloggers down under have absolutely no excuse at all !

4 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

I've been out in the garden today preparing two beds for something. Hope your readers will share some ideas of what can be planted now to harvest at Christmas.

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Wyatt said...

Great Challenge! We will see what we can do!

Wyatt

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Sue Garrett said...

OH dear the dreaded word!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Rob said...

You'd better remind us a bit closer to the time Matron.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>