Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Friday, February 07, 2014

Water Olympics

 Nothing as bad as others in the UK, I just have to put up with not being able to walk on the grass or go anywhere near my veggie garden until the water goes.  It has been months now.
 Flooding will leach nutrients from the soil, and prolonged flooding for months like this won't be good for the earthworms either.
Leo doesn't mind at all, paddles around and explores as usual.

4 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Mark Willis said...

I think "Water Features" may fall out of favour for a while this year..!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Shebafudge said...

Oh dear! I feel for you. Thankfully ours isn't so bad but it's to wet to have dug it over so things are going to be late this year which is a shame as we finished our runner beans and potatoes up last week!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Midmarsh John said...

Though we have had less rain than you my lawn is permanently soggy. I just hope the land doesn't dry out so fast it goes rock solid.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Bangchik and Kakdah said...

and on the other side of the world we have to cope with prolonged hot spell, two weeks without rain....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>