Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Friday, June 20, 2014

Today's Harvest

It is coming thick and fast down on the allotment at the moment.  These lovely new potatoes were dug today. Left - Epicure.. I couldn't believe the size of these two when I dug them up! still tender and waxy new potatoes when cooked. Middle - Red Duke of York, fantastic flavour. Right - Vanessa, a very good first early potato but not as good a flavour as the other two. Bon apetite!

3 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Mark Willis said...

That Vanessa has a lovely pink colour though...

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Wyatt said...

Wonderful! I see a summer salad or some roasted potatoes with garlic.

The bean seeds you gave us are thriving, I'll send you a picture.

Sue and Wyatt

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

The red flowers of the beans are stunning, no beans here this year but the sugarsnap peas are doing well, i did not know that snippet of info that spraying with water helps set the flowers on beans!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>