Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Friday, May 23, 2014

A Visitor comes to Town!

 I had a visitor this week!  Sue from Gardening with Wyatt was over from Oregon, USA for a tour of English gardens and, of course, a trip to the Chelsea Flower Show.
 We arranged to meet up as her tour came out to the RHS Gardens at Wisley, Surrey which is just a few miles from where I live.  We both share a love of gardening and a love of dogs, so Leo came with us to meet  her.
 There was an exchange of gifts between humans and between dogs.  Sue gave me a lovely selection of seeds from the Territorial Seed Company which I shall get planting straight away.
Wyatt very generously gave Leo a box of sweet potato crunchy bones!  He loves them! Thank you Wyatt and Sue for a lovely visit.

3 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

You should have a collection of 'feet' photos! I am viewing Chelsea through your blog as we are not going this year,there seems to be more fruit and veggies on offer this year or else we missed them last year?!
We have Bloom next weekend in the Phoenix park in Dublin

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Wyatt said...

We had a wonderful visit. I took over 1000 pictures, so I'm editing and sorting it all out now. I can't wait to get my seeds planted. Who planted all these weeds while I was away?

Sue
(Wyatt's Mom)

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

ooohh sweet potato crunchy bones sound yummy to me *tummy rumbles* Lucky Leo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>