Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a courtyard garden. Which edibles will tolerate less than ideal growing conditions. Discovering how veggies can grow in partial shade.

Monday, June 16, 2014

Epicure New Potatoes

One of the highlights of the Allotment year is the first harvest of new potatoes.  This variety is Epicure, a traditional old Ayrshire potato.  Definitely my favourite variety of all time. Round shaped, deep eyes, the most brilliant flavour ever! Bon appetite!

4 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, Blogger Lee Burns said...

Fantastic! Still a week or two away for us up in Newcastle I reckon.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Celia Hart said...

Mmm! I love the flavour of fresh new potatoes!
My Dad used to grow Epicure, lovely delicate and sweet when young.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Celia Hart said...

Mmm! I love the flavour of fresh new potatoes!
My Dad used to grow Epicure, lovely delicate and sweet when young.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Ours will be a bit later but I love that almost transparent skin, enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>