Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Saturday, October 03, 2015

Matron Lives!

 We're still here!!  Leo and I have been clearing up and saying goodbye to my allotment patch, but sadly after 35 years on this site I am moving on.  But I have come up with an exciting plan!  Matron is moving her patch to a new and exciting venture.  Matron Lives! More details in the next few days.
 I have been lovingly tending this soil and adding organic matter for 35 years so I have decided to bring some of the garden with me - a garden transplant!  This is gorgeous soil, and whilst repairing a broken raised bed there was about a ton of soil to distribute and tidy up before the new tenants come in next week.
 So I am bagging up some of the soil, complete with all the wiggly worms, into some strong rubble bags and bringing it to my new garden.  I will be revealing my new project in the next couple of days. I just cannot bear to think what it would be like without growing my own veggies.  Tending a plot and getting your hands dirty in the soil is one of my greatest pleasures - second only to eating what I grow!
So, I'm emptying the greenhouse and starting afresh on another new adventure.  Only 6 days to go now!

2 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger meerkat said...

good luck matron and leo. looking forward to your new adventures

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Kris said...

So excited for you both. Waiting for more updates with bated breath.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>