Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Monday, February 26, 2018

Matron is on the Move!

So here is my new plot!  Haven't moved in yet, waiting for the lawyers to do their little dance and give me a moving date.  Hopefully in the first couple of weeks of April.   The left side of the garden is Northeast facing, and the back of the house is South South West facing.  You can see where the shadows are that even in early January the back of the house still gets the sunshine!

Two beautiful eating apple trees in the garden and otherwise a blank canvas!  I am thinking a compost heap will be built in the far North corner, and raised beds on the sunny side?  As you know, "Matron doesn't do flowers"  so I would be interested to hear your design suggestions?

4 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Oh How I envy your moving to the fabled New Forest. Not an allotment now but your own backyard! best of luck with the move and settling in. I love that you are bringing some of your old plants to start the new garden
peggy

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Rob said...

If you get that garden full of veg you'll not starve that's for sure.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Peggy, it feels like I have a sense of continuity - taking plants with me that I have had for years. Like family almost.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Shaheen said...

It is beautiful and I am so envious that it is flat land.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>