Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Multi Coloured Tomato Show

OOps, I appear to have lost my original post, along with your kind comments.
It appears that I am growing almost every colour except red this year!
Chocolate Cherry, Ildi, Sungold and Great Wall of China

8 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger Shaheen said...

They all still look rather good!

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Dee/reddirtramblings said...

Whatever color they are, they all look yum. Enjoy those luscious fruits.~~Dee

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Sylvana said...

I always think it is funny that people used to think that tomatoes were poisonous and didn't eat them when today it is so obvious how much people enjoy them!!
This is a beautiful display of tomatoes.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger tina said...

They look so darned good! Very colorful and I bet all the tastes are different too.

You did so well with that pineapple! I started one from a pineapple I bought from the store, put the top in some soil and it is growing. I doubt it will fruit but we'll see. I hope you enjoy the 'fruits of your labor' literally as you are an awesome grower!

 
At 5:13 AM, Anonymous kitsapFG said...

I am such a "stick in the mud"! I never grow anything but red tomatoes. It's fun to see all the variations of color you are growing.

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such colors! And to think that many have never tried all the variety that the tomato has to offer. I bet they would make a beautiful presentation - a few slices of each at dinner or when a recipe calls for tomatoes.

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Garden Gnome Wanderings said...

Your tomatoes look lovely, so colourful! I really would like to try growing the Chocolate Cherry. I'm definitely going to be on the look-out for seeds from the ones you've mentioned.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Toni said...

Just beautiful!!!

You're inspiring me to grow some different varieties next year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>