Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Saturday, July 27, 2024

Pickling Walnuts Part 2

 

After soaking in brine for a week, I drained the walnuts and let them soak in fresh brine for another week.  After this I left them out in the sunshine in the greenhouse to dry.


I packed the dried walnuts into clean jars and made the vinegar syrup.  Malt vinegar, brown sugar and spices.  Boil the spiced vinegar and pour over the walnuts and seal the jars.   I’m going to leave these for a couple of months to mature 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>