Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Giant Pumpkin project 2024

A few years ago I had some success growing a giant pumpkin which I entered in the RHS London show.  Won a prize!  Anyway I decided to give it a go again.  The lovely Kevin Fortey from Giant Veg was kind enough to send me some proper seeds.
Just two days after sowing in a heated propagator it germinated.
The next day out in the greenhouse it looked like this
and in only a few days the giant genetics were staggering.
After just one week it had grown this much and had been re potted.  Stand by for updates! It's going to be BIG.
 

1 Comments:

At 4:46 AM, Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

off to a great start!! I'll be watching it grow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>