Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Friday, May 30, 2008

A First Feast

Yesterday I picked my first Globe Artichoke. I always have terrible problems with blackfly crawling in between the leaves and as a result most years they are inedible. This year I decided just to pick one slightly smaller before the blackfly really took a hold. It was delicious. Just boiled for 20 minutes and with the leaves dipped in vinaigrette. Delicious!

This week it has been raining most of the time, as a consequence, the garden is flooded. This is really great for the potatoes but I just can't get down there without wearing wellies. Anyway, I'm off to Kew Gardens today. More reports later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>