Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Dinner Part 2

So I've collected the goose, now I have two sticks of sprouts!I love sprouts!
I might have a bit of a job digging up my leeks, but as I'm working on Christmas Day and we appear to be thawing out a bit in London, I might be able to get a fork in the ground on the 26th!

8 Comments:

At 1:22 AM, Blogger Dan said...

What lovely sticks. I hope to grow some nice sprouts next season after trying for 2 years now. Happy Holidays!

 
At 3:44 AM, Anonymous kitsapFG said...

The brussel sprouts are beauties! I picked about a half pound of them today as well, and we enjoyed them as part of the Christmas eve dinner.

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

A white garden for Christmas!
Best wishes, work and all.

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous ConventGardener said...

The brussel sprouts look quite tasty! How will you serve them? With melted cheese? Or simply with butter? I'm getting hungry just looking at them.Merry Christmas and a Warmer New Year!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Amalee Issa said...

I'm working too, but Christmas is Christmas and well done on your sprouts.
Amalee

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely Brussels sprouts! It was a bad year for them in my area, but I managed to get 2 big stalks from a local farmer, and they were one of the most delicious things to make it to my table this season. Hope you got the chance to garden a bit.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Sparkly said...

Your brussels look great. Our site is windy and ours never tend to do well. We have also had lots of snow and ice and it took a bit of effort to get the parsnips up for xmas dinner!

http://lottieplotfour.blogspot.com/

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Liz said...

How did you get on with the leeks? Mine are still frozen solid in the ground :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>