Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Friday, December 18, 2009

White Christmas?

The South of England has been covered in a heavy snowfall overnight.
I am pleased with the way these hardy Winter lettuce appear to have stood up to the extreme cold.
These garlic chive flower heads look lovely with their snow hats on!
Buddy enjoyed himself too! We had a few hours of bright sunshine this afternoon so decided to go for a walk on the common!

7 Comments:

At 3:55 AM, Blogger Dan said...

That is a good coating for sure! We have had next to no snow so far. Three dusting's that amounted to maybe 6mm. Strange season but I am not complaining!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Kath said...

We have an inch or so - not as much as you Matron - but it still makes everything look lovely.

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous kitsapFG said...

It's amazing how snow can transform a rather ordinary object or landscape into something that is enchanting! Definitely looking a lot like Christmas in your part of the world.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Kalena Michele said...

OMG! This is so great. I can't wait for the snow. Atlanta usually gets some sort of snow around February. Before that it's just freezing rain (yuck). That first photo with the apples on the tree covered in snow made me homesick (for Philadelphia, PA).

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Dirt Princess said...

I love the first shot! I am enjoying everyone elses snow pictures, since we never get any here! Stay warm!

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

The snow makes everything look so clean! We have had none here yet, here in the south we get very little if any snow.Buddy does not seem to mind being taken for walks in this strange stuff!

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Scarecrow said...

Oh! Brrrrr!
You visit my blog for sunshine...I visit yours to cool down. ;)

Will the snow last until Christmas I wonder?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>