Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Friday, April 09, 2010

By Popular Demand..

Buddy came out into the garden yesterday for a photoshoot! Not easy taking his photo, he moves, looks away, or looks just plain weird in most of the photos! He is 14 now, still fit and active. He has a stable, predictable life that is full of excitement and good nutrition. After all, he is teacher's pet! - This reminds me I have been meaning to mention that after years of study I am now on the verge of starting my own company.
I am about to qualify as a dog behaviourist, and I am calling my new company 'Blackdog' , named after my inspiration here! Initially I am providing DNA tests for mixed breed dogs, along with a behavioural profile to go with the results!
Dear Buddy has been my inspiration, I've never had a dog like him before.
The dog of a lifetime!

15 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Marian(LondonUK) said...

Hi Matron, what a wonderful companion Buddy shines with personality. Congratulations on the business. Your blog is great.
Marian (LondonUK)

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Damo said...

Good luck with the business. Buddy looks pretty good in photos to me.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

What an absolute dream he is, he gave you photographic gold today - gorgeous boy.
Hearty congratualtions on 'Blackdog' I wish you the very best and every success in your new bussiness xxxxxxxxxx

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Scarecrow said...

Awww Buddy looks great!

All the best for your new business.

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

My Buddy and your Buddy look just alike...Buddy sends puppie hugs!!!

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger KatieLovesDogs said...

Buddy looks like such a sweet boy. Looking in his eyes, you can tell that he really feels loved.

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I'm so glad to see he's doing well! Good luck with your business, how exciting!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Jo said...

What a gorgeous companion you have. Good luck with your new business, there could only be one name for it really after being so inspired by Buddy.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Kath said...

Lucky Buddy - living with teacher! Lots of luck with the business.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Green thumb said...

Best of luck for your new venture, dear Matron.
Being a dog behaviourist sounds exciting. People who are able to tow unconventional lines, stemming from their passions, are always the happiest lot.
Buddy is a rightful inspiration. He looks so handsome in those photograph. May he live a long and healthy life.

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous kitsapFG said...

Best wishes on launching your own business!

Buddy is such a darling gentleman. The greying muzzle and eyebrows are very distinguished.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Midmarsh John said...

Great photos of Buddy. After his earlier problem he looks as though he has recovered well and still enjoying life to the full.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Celia Hart said...

I wish you lots of success with your new business - I'm sure hands on knowledge will be very useful for so many dog owners.
And I'm sure Buddy is a huge asset to the company.

Hope you've been enjoying the weather in your garden - at last I feel that the veg plot is somewhat underway! Though in Suffolk there's a chilly Nor-easterly blowing in despite the sunshine!

Celia

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger GardenerX said...

what a great looking dog and good luck with the new business venture

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger gintoino said...

Great to see Buddy is doing well. He's still an handsome old guy :-)
He reminds me a lot of my dog when I see him in these pictures. I hope he will stick around for a few more wonderfull years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>