Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happy Diamond Jubilee Weekend

 It is going to be an eventful weekend in Matron's environs.  It has started off very well with a little gift bought from Bettys in Harrogate.  If you are ever 'up North' you could do a lot worse than stop at Bettys tea rooms for a cup of tea and a 'fat rascal'
Just look at these tasty little hand made Corgis !!
I'm just putting the finishing touches to Leo's fancy dress outfit for our local street party this weekend!  Matron has also been invited to take part in the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant on Sunday.  I am thrilled to have been asked to represent Battersea Dogs and Cats home by standing on Battersea Bridge to wave to the Queen as she sails past! 
Whatever you are doing, and wherever you are doing it... have fun!

6 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having never had a real tea...this all looks very elegant! Love the Corgi cookies...my DIL is partial to the breed! What an honor for you, please wave a wave to the Queen for me...I remember when she became queen...since my ancestors on my father's side were mostly English, it was an occasion for that side of the family. She's worn well with all the ups and downs of the country and her family...I'm quite proud of her! Looking forward to seeing Leo's costume!

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Rainy Day Gardener said...

I hope you heartily enjoy the celebrations! I love the corgi cookies! Cheers, Jenni

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Captain Shagrat said...

Recently been to Harrogate myself, it was a really enjoyable weekend. Now I can't wait to see my fav lab Leo in his outfit. Hope you are both thrilled with the celebrations

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is biting the head off a Jubilee corgi considered an act of Treason??

 
At 3:26 AM, Anonymous kitsapFG said...

Absolutely sounds like a fabulous time to be had and those Corgi cookies are Da' Bomb!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Shaheen said...

Those handmade corgie are super.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>