Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Good Genes

This Paton Twins Giant Pumpkin only germinated a couple of days ago. Yet the two seed leaves are already 5" across.  Just goes to show the importance of good genetics. The roots are already coming out of the bottom of the flower pot.  Now all I need is a couple of sunny days to get it hardened off before planting outside.  Where is the sunshine?

3 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have allocated plenty of space for that monster!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Matron said...

It's hanging over the sides of the pot today! MONSTER!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Lrong Lim said...

Good luck... with the sunshine too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>