Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Giant Pumpkins


These Atlantic Giant pumpkins are growing away well now. Just look at the difference in two days compared to the last photo. This one has doubled in size. I have been feeding with a combination of Tomorite and manure tea. Does anyone have a favourite recepie I could try? Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Wild Mood Swings said...

Resembles a giant gooseberry.

Sadly my butternut squash has been relocated , but he has god new foster parents , i IN TURN recieved some wisley toms in a pot whuich have just flowered.

So I have indeed managed veggies on my roof garden.

Saying that , I won't get much done this weekend as I fell arse over breast at St James Pk on the way home and I am now hobbling on crutches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>