Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The New Forest Show

I spent the day yesterday at the New Forest Show in Hampshire. About 2 hours' drive South of London you are well and truly in the countryside.
Who has the handsomest sheep? or the prettiest pig?
And then there was a display of terrier racing! Boy did I love that almost as much as these feisty little terriers did. They are loaded up into little starting crates and a fake furry animal on a long string is waved in front of them.
Then when the gates open someone moves the lure as fast as they can, you can just about see it in a blur here! Completely wonderful seeing dogs happy doing what they were bred to do. Sheer enjoyment!
Then after all that walking around Matron decided to try a fish pedicure!! Strangely wonderful!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger LindaG said...

Now that is interesting! (the pedicure) And it looks really cooling, too. :)

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

That fish pedicure looked like it would be a treat to the feet :o) Seems you had a good time all around :o)

 
At 2:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Matron, so how's the Sheep Dip Malt Whiskey? Haven't had whiskey in years, used to like it straight up, no ice! Warm and easy going down! The terrier races look fun indeed, yes it is enjoyable seeing animals doing what they were bred to do...I know my Baron misses chasing rabbits down their holes! I feel sorry for him sometime being cut off from doing what he was bred to do! I've read about fish pedicures...my heels are callused, it would be nice to have them nibble off the old skin and leave me nice fresh baby feet :)

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Alison said...

Looks like you had a great day. Don't fancy the fish pedicure myself - I hate anyone touching my feet. I'm probably the only 'girl' who dreads a pedicure!

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Martin and Amy said...

Looks like a great show.

Those fish pedicures are definately great. Theraputic, entertaining and beneficial.

Love the name of the Whisky.

Martin :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>